- 99 homes including 62 truly affordable houses linked only to this community, and 37 ring- fenced homes for older people
- Workspace for local businesses to provide at least 160 jobs
- Refurbishment of the Brunel Building, a health and wellbeing centre, space dedicated to the whole community (young and old alike)
- Community ownership of the majority of the land through a town wide share issue
- Flood defence for Totnes through redevelopment of the site
- Training opportunities through the build, management and maintenance of the site.
Atmos is a great demonstration of people power, determination and patience. We see this site as being a vital catalyst for the town’s economy, as well as the opportunity to model a new approach to development, and provide the means for young people to stay in the town. As greenfield sites across the country disappear under unaffordable, inefficient and boring homes, we urgently need a new model.